Re: satellite receivers and VCRs

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: satellite receivers and VCRs
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:39:49 -0500
The hacks for Tivos have gotten a little better, but are still risky as you
could lose the 'image' or operating system on the box, and render it
useless.

However you can buy 'modded' Series1/2 Tivos on ebay.  I considered doing
this to have another unit in the house for recording shows that I can rip to
PC, but I actually have a very easy time finding decent quality HD rips of
the shows online via bittorrent, compressed using Divx/Xvid and they
sometimes get posted right after the show is over.

PJ