Re: Heat question

To: Digest_Shop-Talk@mail.megageek.com
Subject: Re: Heat question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:50:33 -0500
Karl Writes...

>But the point is the cost of maintaining the temperature, not just the
>cost of the first rise in temperature.

I had a the same question.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place
for figuring out how to set automatic thermostats for better efficacy.
I've heard that you should not have them drop more than 10 degrees  and
only if you are going to be dropped for more than 8 hours because you waste
so much energy bringing the temp back up.

I want to set the ones in my house to maximize the efficant seeing as I
have 200 year old house and it's got lots of drafts.

Anyone have any ideas?

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.