RE: Little tweaks (was : Battery storage) (no shop content)

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Little tweaks (was : Battery storage) (no shop content)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:45:49 -0800
Rush <jdrush@enter.net> wrote:

> I run, or moderate 7 mailing lists and a forum. KISS is the approach on
> all of them. Don't be so fast to make judgment of my motivations or my
> determination.

Jon, I couldn't care less about your motivations or determination (whatever that
means).

All I know is that it's a pretty poor guest that criticizes the free
accommodations.

Last time I counted, MJB was host and operator to over 80 lists, and I know of
several that have been added since then.  Heck I'm even subscribed to more than
7 of them.

And if you knew half as much as you claim, you'd know that you are NOT asking
for "a little tweak".  You've been told multiple times now why things are as
they are, and your only argument for changing them seems to be that the problem
does not exist, in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps there is "better" mail list software around that implements enough
filters to block all infinite loops from autoreply demons.  But I'd hardly
describe converting some 90 lists plus all their archives and so on to different
software a "little tweak".  And I fail to see any reason why anyone should lift
a finger to make a change, just so you don't have to remember how to run your
computer !

Ok, I've had my say.  Flame away, I'll say no more on this (off) topic.

Randall