Re: Bottle Jack Reccommendation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bottle Jack Reccommendation
From: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:40:28 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

> I've had a couple of cheap ones and they all work just fine.  One thing to
> look into: if it's going to be used frequently perhaps consider springing
> for one of the air driven ones so he won't spend so much time pumping it.
> And it has a much higher present 'cool' factor.  I think they only come in
> 10 or 15 ton models.

Has anyone ever converted a pump jack style hydraulic press over to an air
driven one using one of these jacks?

I've got a 20 ton press and have often thought of doing this, but haven't
ever gotten around to it.  Any reason it wouldn't work?  Do the air
controls have enough control to them so that you can 'feel' what's going
on?  Are the strokes / sizes similar enough?

> Another Mark.

And yet another one... :-)

Mark