Re: Radiator Plumbing Question

Subject: Re: Radiator Plumbing Question
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:47:44 -0400
On Oct 20, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Steve Budde wrote:

>> What kind of radiator? Baseboard? Small/large cast iron?
>

> Oops, forgot to mention that part.  Medium size cast iron on the floor.

It could be there's a leak somewhere, and opening this rad's vent is
like taking your finger off a filled straw. I'm assuming you don't see
any evidence of water leaking after you've tried to bleed this rad? Do
any pipes go through the slab? Is there pressure in the system (I'm
assuming there's a pressure tank..)? If there is a tank, and it's hung
below the piping, a failed diaphragm would allow water to enter the
diaphragm side when the rad vent was opened.

jim