Re: '95 Jeep "EGR"

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: '95 Jeep "EGR"
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:35:25 -0600
Hi Bob,

My Jeep shop manual, 1984 to 1996 shows an EGR valve. On the 4.0 six it
should be located on the side of the intake manifold with a gas tube to
the exhaust manifold below. If the car truly has an EGR valve, it should
show on the Fed. Emission control sticker somewhere under the hood. The
sticker mainly shows hose routing.

Maybe the valve has been removed?

I have attached a pic. It won't show on the list copy.

Regards,
Dave Russell

Bob Spidell wrote:
> Hope this isn't too far off-topic:
>
> My girlfriends '95 Jeep Cherokee--4.0L six--has excessive NOX emissions.
> A new cat got them down low enough to pass smog, but I figured it was
> due to a stuck EGR valve.  Well, I looked, and the engine doesn't appear to
> have an EGR valve (it is FI).
>
> Anyway, anyone know if this engine has an EGR and, if so, why can't I see it?
> If not, what would cause an otherwise good-running engine to emit so much
> NOX (400ppm+)?
>

> TIA,
> bs

> Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@comcast.net
> '67 Austin-Healey 3000             '56 Austin-Healey 100M

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Jeep
EGR.jpg]