RE: 49cc scooter revisited.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 49cc scooter revisited.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:26:20 -0700
> First, there's a sealed battery in this thing... According to the case,
> its Yueyang Battery Co. 12v, 9Ah, "6-DW-9".  Anyone know if this is a
> common battery?

I don't.  But I'd start by measuring the dimensions and looking for a battery
with similar ratings that will fit in the opening.  They're quite common in
alarm systems and such as well as motorcycles/scooters.  Lots of charts
available online, including at
http://www.batterystore.com/Odyssey/OdysseyTech.htm

The voltage (and preferably the construction if you can figure out what it is)
should match, but more amp-hours (Ah) is fine.

Randall