Re: Automatic rotary levels?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Automatic rotary levels?
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:16:07 -0400
I second Eric's vote for a water level. For a few dollars worth of
tubing, and a spare water container, you can have a level system which
is far more accurate than a laser (or any other) level over a long
distance. The biggest advantage I have found is that water levels can go
behind trees and structures that would otherwise create blind-spots for
a laser level.

You can even get fancy by attaching the last 4 feet of hose and a
measuring tape to a 1x2 for quick measurements from level (which is what
I did).

A good primer on water levels is at
http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/WaterLevel.htm

Hope this helps,