RE: quickie elect. question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: quickie elect. question
From: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:21:50 -0500
>GFCI does not blow until around 5 milliamps, which is several times what it
>takes to stop your heart.

When I was taking industrial electricity classes, one of the instructors
told a story of when the GFCI devices was first introduced.  The way I
remember the story, the company had a display at a trade show with a young
lady in a wading pool.  They ended up killing her because the device did not
react as quickly as they thought it would.

Rich White  St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!
See it moves!