2005 tacoma

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2005 tacoma
From: "bob dyar" <bobdyar@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:06:34 -0800
thanks to all who responded  to my inquiry about resetting the maintenance
light. Here is what Toyota finally told me:

We apologize you have not been able to reset the maintenance required light on
your 2005 Tacoma.

The following information can be found in Section 1-6 (Operations of
Instruments and Controls) of the Tacoma owner's manual.

The system must be reset after the engine oil replacement. Reset the system by
the following procedure:

  a.. Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position with the odometer reading
shown. (For details, see "Odometer and two trip meters" on page 143 in this
Section.)
  b.. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position while holding down the trip
meter reset knob.
  c.. Hold down the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates
"000000" and the light goes off.
  d.. If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing