RE: Source for 120v current-sensing relay?

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Source for 120v current-sensing relay?
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:04:04 -0500
You're probably thinking of X-10.  They make all kinds of powerline
controls.  I have em all over my house.  I use a Stargate
(http://jdstechnologies.com/home) automation system to control all of the
X-10 devices, but there are many other less expensive systems.  The Stargate
has digital inputs that will sense a contact closure (or open) and perform,
well, anything you tell the software you want to do, ie, when the doorbell
button is pushed, turn on the outside lights and announce throught he whole
house audio that you have a guest.
What you're looking for is out there, just not sure where.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT