Re: Workshop Floor

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Workshop Floor
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:37:16 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:
> I've always thought 'broom-finish' was super-smooth, as in 'able to be
> swept with a broom'.
>
> nevertheless, I'm looking for the ultra-smooth finish.

Ah.

No, a 'broom finish' is when you run a broom over the poured concrete,
creatings a bunch of small ridges.  Like someone said, good for traction,
crap for everything else.

A power trowel is how you do the super smooth finish you want.  I'm sure
there are folks that can do it without the power trowel (and its important
to note that a power trowel won't get into square corners!), but I have no
experience with that.

Mark