Re: Quesiton about cleaning

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Quesiton about cleaning
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:23:40 -0800
My contribution:

A 4" paint brush for cleaning door jambs. The bristles won't scratch paint
and will get into the nooks and crannies around the hinges.

A window washing brush keeps your hands out of the water, reaches high and
low without bending.  If you have a mega-buck custom paint job, get a
custom-fitted wash mitt made of pedigreed, organically-grown alpacca wool.

Gunk engine degreaser works well. Rinse it off with a garden sprayer filled
with hot water. The wand lets you keep the water away from wiring, etc. I
put a Schraeder valve on the sprayer so I can pressurize it with my air
compressor.

Armor-All cleaning wipes
http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/cleaningwipes_2.9.html .Wrapped around
the end of a thin piece of plastic, they clean the grooves on the dashboard
and the louvers on the vents.  Good for wiping dust and light dirt.

For heavier dirt, Griot's Garage interior cleaner
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11104 works well. It can be cut
50/50 with distilled water to lower the cost.

Eagel One "A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner" works well, isn't caustic with the
Westley's Bleche-White I formerly used.

Leatherique products http://www.leatherique.com/  are expensive put you get
what you pay for.

The Roadfly detailing board http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/