electronic Christmas card

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: electronic Christmas card
From: John Niolon <JNiolon@uss.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:01:46 -0600
Merry Christmas,

This probably won't be your first  E-Christmas-Card this year.  Hopefully
it finds all of you in good  health, good spirits and good employment?.
Well, at least working.  It's  been a weird year?  Don't ever remember
seeing such strong division for a presidential election, but hopefully
that's all over and we can move ahead or at least in  some direction :-)

Still trying to keep my priorities in line, but work is trying to take
over. Family and  friends are at the top of that revised priority list.  I
hope I can keep work moved down a few notches. And other commitments ?? ...
well they get done when they get done. Things I once thought essential are
now gathering the dust of triviality.

To all my e-net friends who send me stories and jokes and cartoons... you
can't know, how on some days that's what gets me through and even though I
don't acknowledge them, they are very important to me... keep them coming.

To all of you in  the shop-talk and FTE  and other groups..  your
knowledge, wisdom,  support and technical savvy have saved me countless
dollars and hours of time and probably several of my projects from a severe
cussin'.

You've advised me  on tools, tricks, repair procedures, abstract ideas and
entertained me to no  end with your humorous and totally useless comments.
I'm still amazed at times at the lengths you guys will go to help a fellow
out.  I owe you guys a bunch? don't fail to call in those favors.

Since we are mostly connected by this wonder of wire  and ectoplasm and
doo-hickeys called the Internet it's  unlikely that I'll ever get to meet
most of you and shake you hand and in a  few cases (ladies) hug your neck.
Please accept this humble note as my  Christmas wish for your continued
well-being.

I hope that you and your families are in good health and spirits.
I hope that you are close and share  good times often.
I hope that you can't begin to count all your friends.
I  hope if that these aren't the case and it's your fault... that you fix
it ?    Soon.
I hope that if you have family around you this season, that you take the
time to hug every one of them...  and tell them you love them... that they
are special... especially the kids and even your worthless brother-in-law.
I hope that you have a God that you believe in and talk  to.
I hope he listens to you and answers your questions and prayers.
I  hope you'll share these Christmas wishes and thoughts with every one
you encounter, both friend and foe, loved one and stranger.
I hope you'll drop a dollar or two in the Salvation Army Bucket? make that
bell ringer feel  useful.
I hope you'll send a Christmas Card with a check in it to the local
mission or to Toys for Tots, or pick up a gift for an Angel Tree  child.
I hope you'll say a prayer for our service men and women who are in harms
way while we're home safe and celebrating.

Mostly I hope that the Lord blesses each of you with loving family, good
friends that you can count on and who know they can count on you.  I hope
all of us can appreciate the abundance we have and share it  with others?
...just like we do with jokes and shop problems and truck  questions. I
hope you all need a new or classic Ford Truck to carry away your  Christmas
gifts.  And, I wish you the very best of holidays and a most  prosperous
New Year.

John Niolon