RE: 1992 Dodge Ram 350 Cargo Van

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 1992 Dodge Ram 350 Cargo Van
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:26:57 -0700
Gene, I had a 1991 Dodge B250 van (3/4 ton), with the 5.9 liter engine,
automatic trans, and a 3.9 (or was that 3.7 diff ratio?).  I sold it after
12 years, it had 250,000 miles.  I never did any work to the engine,
transmission or differential.  I did have to change some 'auxiliary' items;
like fuel pump, alternator, starter, etc.  It was a GREAT vehicle. I still
see it driving around town.

I towed both a 5500 lb travel trailer, and my race car on a flat bed.  It
will tow fine.  I will say, my wife's new 2003 Durango R/T has a lot more
torque and HP than the 1991 van, although they had the "same" engine.
Obviously engine technology has changed in 12 years.

350 means it is a half ton.  It will probably have a 5.9L engine.  Your gas
mileage will suck.

Larry Hoy