Re: Bad silicone caulk?

To: Larry Spector <lspector@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bad silicone caulk?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:58:07 -0700
Hi Larry,
Strange things DO happen. Not a pleasant experience. I would wait a few
more days to see if it will cure. If not, you will have to wipe it out
as best you can, not fun. If it is really soft, water might soften it
for easier removal. However, most silicone caulks actually require some
moisture in the air to cure.

  I once painted a car with "defective" enamel. It remained sticky for a
week. Had to wash the whole car down with lacquer thinner to remove the
defective paint. Of course it removed the primer also. A terrible, messy
job. The paint manufacturer said that a bad batch had gotten out. I
would contact the caulk manufacturer for suggestions.

Dave Russell