Re: resurfacing plastic laminate

To: "bob dyar" <bobdyar@cox.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: resurfacing plastic laminate
From: "David C." <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:44:59 -0700
I just built a small cabinet for my tool grinder.  The top was a piece of
MDF with a hard, slick surface.  I belt sanded it quite a bit, and used
regular solvent based contact cement for the laminate top with no
problems.  I have never used the water based stuff, but I don't trust
anything water based (except maybe latex wall paint).  I guess I'm old
fashioned, but I'll use the solvent based stuff  until I can't get it any
more.  That goes double for lacquer.

Dave C