Re: Will oil really "wick up" a dipstick?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Will oil really "wick up" a dipstick?
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:27:20 -0500
>You may now feel like you have had your pee pee wacked for trying to get
>your freinds advice even after your instructor told you what to do... LOL...

Any advice is appreciated and no body parts were harmed.

>It is always better to
> do it like your instructed...

Excellent advice that I always follow, except the current discussion is between
three of the club's CFI's, 'as instructed' is a toss-up. I'll check the POH
tonight to
see if there are specific instructions, but if I recall correctly, our lowly 172
is simply 'check the oil'.

Thanks,
Arvid