It is now time to plumb the garage for air.

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: It is now time to plumb the garage for air.
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:11:42 -0500
Having replaced the air-less oil-less with a real two stage [The significant
other said the little one was too noisy and had to
o  - who am I to argue?], I'm now going to plumb the attached garage and
basement woodworking shop for air. The options appear to
be steel pipe, copper tubing or this new fangled TransAir stuff.

I'm not impressed with having to cut and thread steel pipe, plus the
possibility of corrosion drops it to the bottom of the list.

I don't mind cutting and sweating copper, but it is still a lot of work and
screwing around. No corrosion, durable, reasonable
price, readily available, etc. do seem to be in its favor.

The TransAir solution would seem to be a lot less effort and meets the
non-corrosive criteria, but limited availability, unknown
durability, is it really as easy as they suggest, and unresearched prices are
yet to be entered into the equation.

Anyone have any insight into any, all, or other [non-pvc ;-}] solutions.

Thanks,

Arvid