Re: OT (not MG/Shop related) Canon scanner cartridge

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT (not MG/Shop related) Canon scanner cartridge
From: wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 22:54:01 -0400
At 09:39 PM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
>I have a Canon BJC-4400 ink-jet printer that has served me well but is now
>DOA and not worth the diagnosis/repair bill.

Also off topic -- but ink jet printers are Evil !  Notice how you can
almost buy a whole new printer with carts' for the price of a pair of
carts'?!?!?

I've seen consumer magazines and other sources estimate the cost of a B&W
page at $0.10 to $0.20 per page for ink!  My personal experience backs that up.

Laser printers are only $0.01 - $0.03 a page.  I bought an HP-1200, and
it's awesome.  The current equivalent model is a 1300.  I had to shell out
$70 recently for a toner cart, but it got well over 3000 pages.  That would
have been SEVERAL HUNDRED $$$ of those silly ink-jet carts.

If you do any major printing, invest in a laser!  If you're stuck with an
ink-jet, go into windoze control panel, and set its defaults to B&W and
draft quality, and only kick it up when you really need it.

   -Wayne