Re: Quiet Air Conditioning

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quiet Air Conditioning
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 06:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
Thx Dave
I got info on both std and hi-efficiency untis. For $750/$800 more the
EnerGuide rating improves from 10.0 to 10.2. Big deal. Don't know how those
compare with my 10 year old one but even if I assumed I'd save 15% in
electricity charges it would take me 26 years to pay for it.

New question - the high efficiency unit uses a "compliant scroll compressor" -
is that good, bad or what? One that we went to look at in the neighborhood
didn't seem significantly quieter.

Back to my main question - are there any quiet units out there - 2.5 ton size?

Thx - Derek