Re: Flexible bushes source?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flexible bushes source?
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:53:11 -0700
Tim wrote:

>These bushes have metal inner and outer sleeves and rubber interior.
>AKA Metalastik or Silentbloc bushes.  I have tried the parents of those
>brand names to no avail.  I think it might be Silentbloc part #E-1115
>but I don't have a catalog.
>
>OD              1.125"
>ID              0.500"
>Inner L ~1.5

         A little Googling shows that Silentbloc part #E-1115 is 1 1/8" OD
x 1/2" ID.  That's got the right ID but a bit smaller on the OD.  Got that
info from: <http://www.turnersportscars.com/t_tech_spares.html>, down at
the bottom under "trailing arms"

         These guys:
<http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/part.phtml?PartID=746> show a 1 1/4" OD
Silentbloc bushing, but with a 9/16" ID.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car)  258,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car)     479,000 miles <- Yeah, baby!
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff
http://www.pureluckdesign.com/rallyyank <-Rally Videos