Re: complicated modern cars

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: complicated modern cars
From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:35:45 -0400
> > The only car I can think of "simpler" than a T/R is a Ford Model A,
>
> I forget, did the Model A have hydraulic brakes ?
>
> Seems to me the Model T had to be simpler, but I could be wrong ...
>
> Randall
Mechanical brakes on all 4 wheels with the front grabbing first and then the
rear so as not to flip you over, Model"T", planetary gear tranmission,
leather gears, crank starting, no drivers door, gas tank was under the seat
with no fuel pump so only straight flat roads or backwards down hills,
gravity was not the best source of supplying fuel.  "FT"