Re: Hydraulic Hose Crimpers

To: Eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Hose Crimpers
From: "David C." <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:54:45 -0700
It's been a long time, but there used to be a system that didn't use dies
and crimped fittings.  You put a hexagonal steel collar over the OD of the
hose, clamped it in a vise, then screwed a second fitting into the ID of
the hose.  The pressure created between the collar and the internal fitting
kept it all together. These second fittings were available in a variety of
different ends, male and female, depending on the need.  I don't remember
who made them, but we used them in our food plant without any
problems.  If  you find them, please let me know, too.  You might check
with your local tractor place.

thanks
Dave C