Re: Steering Fluid in Brake System

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Fluid in Brake System
From: "Stevie_g" <stevie_g@swampfoxcustoms.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:20:32 -0000
I replaced the clutch in an S-10 a while ago and when I went to bleed the
cylinders discovered a black, gooey mess.
Upon interrogation the owner confessed to having refilled the cylinder with
power steering fluid.  OOPS!
At a minimum I would rebuiild the master cyilinder.
If she is leaking enough fluid that the system needed to be refilled the
calipers/wheel cylinders probably need to be rebuilt anyway.
It's a life....what's it worth?