Re: Plastic welding

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plastic welding
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 20:52:59 -0700
David wrote:

>Horrible Freight had their plastic welders on sale this week, so I got
>one.  I seem to recall a thread or post a few weeks ago about using a
>router speed control to control the heat for better welding.  Anyone save
>it or remember the details?  IIRC there was a considerable amount in the
>post/thread concerning plastic welding, but unfortunately I didn't save
>any of it.  Any links to plastic welding FAQ or procedure sites would also
>be welcome.

         This site has a pile of info on plastic
welding:  http://www.urethanesupply.com/

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car)  257,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car)     472,000 miles <- Yeah, baby!
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff
http://www.pureluckdesign.com/rallyyank <-Rally Videos