Re: compression test question

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: compression test question
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 18:15:40 -0400
David Scheidt wrote:

> What's it mean when you add oil to the cylinder, and the compression
> goes *down*?
>
> The engine in question is in a Ford 8n tractor.
Now THAT is a first in my memory. My first thought is badly burned
valves, and the second thought is broken rings.

I will ask the mechanics at work on Monday and see if they ever
encountered that situation. (I work at a New Holland dealer where we
still service old Ford tractors.) You might want to join the
Ford-Ferguson list at the Antique Tractor Internet Service
<www.atis.net> and pose the same question.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)