Re: termite damage/treatment

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: termite damage/treatment
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:35:05 -0800
> John wrote:
> > for lack of anything else I sprayed everything with liquid sevin ... I
figured
> > it couldn't hurt and it might keep the buggers from going deeper into
> > hiding... any home treatment ideas..
>
>You probably already suspect that a homeowner can't legally buy any termite
> treatment that's very effective . . the EPA thinks that would be 'way too
> dangerous for we simple folk.  It's time to talk to a professional pest
> control guy or a farmer or landscaper who is insecticide licensed.   If
you
> have a licensed buddy, he can give or sell you the REAL stuff.

Perhaps the reason we simple folk aren't supposed to get the REAL stuff is
to protect from people who haphazardly spray everything with liquid sevin if
that's what they have.  Please be careful with what you spray around.  And
try to spray with something that will target what you actually want to kill.

There are many effective termite treatments that we simple folk can buy and
use.  Borates are very effective and actually quite safe to use.  Googling
on termite insecticide finds
http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/termites/chemical_treatments_termites.htm

amongst others.

Mark Miller