Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:43:24 -0800 (PST)
--- Trevor Boicey wrote:
I was looking at just replacing the track with a ramp made
of patio stones, then I could use the trailer itself as a
cart...

Trevor
That will work - maybe get a bigger jockey wheel on the
trailer - or if the rig is light enough just have someone
ready to lift it and guide when it sticks (which it will).

We used to do basically that a lot when I raced tunnel
boats (catamarans) because they didn't float quickly enough
to keep the tow car out of the water - so we just
disconnected and used a tow rope between car and trailer.

If your boat and trailer are lightweight a hand winch from
Crappy Tire should do fine. If really light two of you take
your shoes and socks off and just push.

Patio stones should be OK for occasional use but may need
resetting after every spring thaw.

Derek