Chev truck heater fan

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Chev truck heater fan
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:57:05 -0600
You all helped me so much on the steering-wheel question, I'd like to tap your
brains again before diving into this one.

1993 Chev Suburban 1/2-ton 4WD Silvarado

About 60% of the time the heater/airconditioning fan works just fine.  All three
speeds.

About 40% of the time the heater/airconditioning fan does not work at all.

There seems to be no pattern to this.  Obviously, the fuse is not blown, since
it works sometimes.

Anybody familiar with this syndrome on this vehicle?

Is there a known tendency in this motor or control system to fail intermittently
this way?

Where should I look for loose wires or the like?

Where does the motor live?

When it's below zero outside, this is more than a little problem.  I can dress
for the cold, but I have to be able to see through the windshield.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L

pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett