Re: How to oil air tools?

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: How to oil air tools?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:07:54 -0800
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:26:21PM -0500, Don Malling wrote:

> I'm new to air tools, and have bought some cheap ones at HF to get
> started. They say to oil them daily, but it's not so clear as to where
> to put the oil in them, what kind of oil to use, or how much. Do I just
> put the oil in the air input hole? Doesn't sound right.

Dunno if its right but its what I do.
Only a few of my air tools have oil ports.

I bought a pint of air tool oil when I got my compressor.
It should last about 15 years at the current rate.

I cut off the bottle's snout and put a small diameter clear plastic
tube on it.   I just squeeze a couple drops into the air tool's
inlet before I hook it up.

Eric