Re: Single stage Snowblowers

To: <Larry_Spector@NAI.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Single stage Snowblowers
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:14:10 -0400
First, talk to an Eskimo!  8>)  There are many TYPES of snow.  Most of the
difference is in the wetness of snow.  The wetter the snow, the harder the
removal.  Wet snow requires 2 stages.

Next, how are you going to use it?  If you want to "keep up with the
snow,"  a single stage may be fine.  If you want to wait (like me) for it
to stop, go with the duel stage.  I'm in the hills of NJ and I have a 23hp
duel stage 6' snowblower that mounts to my tractor (Called "Killdozer")
8>)  You can see pics of it on my website.  I mostly run a plow until the
snow gets above 12".  (or if it gets really wet.)

Crusty snow is never a problem for most snow blowers.  It's just a wet
snow that causes problems.

Also note, that the arch enemy of most snow blowers are newspapers!  A
newspaper buried in the snow will take out almost all snowblowers.  (mine
snowbower can handle a medium size child!  (which was handy in my last
house)) 8>)

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.

<Larry_Spector@NAI.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net
09/30/2003 12:38