Re: Lifts

To: rusd@velocitus.net
Subject: Re: Lifts
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:24:22 -0400 (EDT)
But realise that an unbalanced load on those 17x17 base plates would
only have to have the CG 8-1/2 inches to one end of the centerline of
the base plate to place a load varying from 40 psi at the one end to 0
psi at the other.  Just a little further and the concrete at one end
goes into tension, which it likes very little.  The concrete won't
fail in compression, but in tension and torsion.  I'm not a civil
engineer, but I'd check with one before loading a vehicle onto such a
lift.

JMO.
Donald.