Re: Oil stains on concrete

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Oil stains on concrete
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 07:59:13 -0700
On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 10:18:53AM -0400, Don Malling wrote:

> I expect I already know this is a looser, but I have to ask. Does anyone
> have any ideas on how to get oil stains out of concrete?

[..]

> I've heard of using things like kitty litter, but wonder what will
> happen if it gets into the pool during a severe rain storm.

It'd be a mess.
But the way the kitty litter trick is
supposed to work is that you spread cheap clay-based
kitty litter on the oil, crush it and grind it
in, then sweep it up.

Depending on the surface characteristics of the concrete
this works really well to sort of ok.  But it's
cheap and doesn't involve chemicals so its a good start.

People do spread out kitty litter and leave it
for sopping up oil, but that's for drips
that continue (i.e. under british vehicles).

Eric