Re: Car/Tar question

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Car/Tar question
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:24:04 -0400
I have discovered that Acetone, available at the hardware store for less than
$10/gallon, will remove tree sap, even the dried stuff, from my clear coat
painted truck without even dulling the gloss.  It may work with tar.  I figured
this stuff is pretty safe to use because it's what Nail Polish Remover is.  I
also used it on the oxidized black paint on my 1986 Mustang to get rid of the
same tree sap, and it left a ring of dulled paint, and a little color came off
on the paper towel I used.  Some Mequires Diamond Cut compound brought it right
back.

Jim