Re: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)

To: marka@telerama.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:19:08 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/03 2:57:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
marka@telerama.com writes:

> Any reason not to just get the harbor freight specials?  I figure the
> pumps are probably lower quality, but _my_ standard tool buy approach is
> to buy something reasonably cheap, then if I use it constantly upgrade it
> (leaving either a spare or a broken tool, depending on how well I plan...

- - - - - - - - - - -

I got mine last year from Homier.  Same kind of company as Harbor Freight
with the finest equipemnt China has to offer.  It had a broken piece of pipe,
and
I had to call them a few times to get the correct piece, but they were very
friendly and helpful, if not knowledgable.  It was not a bad experience.  All
the parts were shipped to me for free under warranty and they never wanted any
of the incorrect parts back, even the extra flex nozzle they sent.

The thing I don't like is the piping from the pump to the flex nozzle is
plastic.  But what do you want for a hundred bucks!  I did see a similar washer
(20 gal stand type with fuse link top) at Advanced Auto for not much more money
and it had all brass piping.  I had already ordered mine, or I would have
taken the one from Advanced.

BTW, Homier (w ww.homier.com) has more of the cheap blast cabinets again.
Check them out.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget