Re: Wilton machinists vise?

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>, Larry_Spector@NAI.com
Subject: Re: Wilton machinists vise?
From: "Brian C. Kennedy" <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:09:24 -0500
I can't advise you about a machinists vice, but this reminds me of how my
big mouth gets me into trouble. Several years when I couldn't afford decent
tools I was having trouble doing something in a cheap, mangled Sears 4"
vice. In frustration I grumbled to my wife that I was going to get the
biggest vice made. At Christmas, several months later, I went to open a
rather large present and discovered I couldn't move the box that my son had
surreptitiously slid over next to me. Sure enough, when I opened it there
was a 12" bench vice that felt like it weighed a ton. Having long forgotten
my previous grumble, I said , in amazement, what's this? My wife said she
had gone to Home Depot and asked for the biggest vice they had. The salesman
tried to talk her out of it, but she knew what I'd said and she can be
determined. Of course, I took it back and got a nice 6" vice that has served
me well. It has been my most memorable Christmas present and we still
chuckle about it from time to time. And yes, I'm a slow learner, I still
can't keep my big mouth shut.
Cheers
Brian
--   Email kennedybc@comcast.net