Re: GPS receivers?

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GPS receivers?
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:15:27 -0400
I don't know much at all about GPS, but would it be possible to locate the exact
cone locations by imbedding steel pins in the surface, and later locating them
with a metal detector?  These could be inserted in a drilled hole, sealed with a
fast-set concrete, and otherwise invisible on the surface.  There may be some
conflict with steel reinforcement in the concrete, but that would dictate the
size of the insert.  A standard issue GPS could get you close, then locate the
cones with a metal detector.

Just a thought.  I've never tried it.