Re: Harbor Freight blast cabinet

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight blast cabinet
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 23:05:17 -0500
Chris
I have that very cabinet. I don't really like it . Leaks from every where.
You have to have a
vacuum hooked to it as without one the  air pressure and sand  lift the top
and you end up with sand in your face.
The bottom is such that the sand does not fall to the gun pick up so every
few minutes I have to open it up and push the sand by hand to the area of
the pick up.
Worst part is that no matter how much I tried to seal it up, blasting even a
small part for less than a minute resulted in my shop being covered in dust.
The time I spent trying to make it work I could have built my own.
I ended up tossing it outside and use John Blair's tarps over the fence
method most of the time.

Bob Nogueira