need press-off switch

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: need press-off switch
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
y'all,

I'm trying to right the lights in our pantry to come on when the door
opens and off when it shuts, just like a refrigerator.  I'd like to mount
the switch in the jamb.

can't find what I want at the stores here, don't see it on mcmaster and
they won't let you scrounge parts at the county recycling place.  and
besides, I'm not sure if a switch from a fridge would handle the current
of the halogens I'm putting in the pantry.

this seems to be similar to what I'm after:

http://www.invensysappliance.com/linkedElements/RefrigeratorDoorLightSwitch.pdf

but, again, seems to be for an actual refrigerator.

anybody know where I could find one of these for a door?  or barring that,
know how to make one?

thanks in advance.

scott