Re: New building coming soon :-)

To: "Madurski, Ronald M" <ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: New building coming soon :-)
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:35:06 -0400
Ron:

I wish I could remember the name of the material I used for sealing my garage
floor; that would make this information more helpful.

Anyway, a number of years ago, I built my 20x36 garage.  I bought a sealer from
an commercial hardware supply store that was described as working best if
applied
before the concrete was completely cured, as in within a few days of the pour.
Naturally, this could put it before construction, unless you plan to pour the
floor after the structure is up, another option I considered.

The material I used was a very thin liquid that was the consistency of Thompson
Water Seal.  It has held up very well, and prevents the spills from absorbing
into the concrete.  Cleanup with speedy dry is enough to clean it all up.

As far as tile adhesive, I don't have experience with that on this floor, but
other things I drop, like paint and epoxy, seem to stick pretty well.

BTW, how does the cost of the steel building compare to a lumber building?  What
will it take you in labor to assemble it?

Jim