I'm back! - cold weather car preps

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm back! - cold weather car preps
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:46:48 GMT
Not sure when it happened but just the other day I realized I hadn't seen any
shop talk activity for a LONG time! I checked and sure enough, I was no longer
subscribed.  NOw that that is fixed I have a question for your collected wisdom:

I am moving to Alaska this summer and am making preps for my vehicles. My Dodge
diesel has a block heater so I intend to add battery blankets and either a dip
stick heater for the oil, magnetic brick heater, or stick on pad.  For my
SUburban I was considering one of the external tank "heat siphon" heaters.  You
plumb them into the heater hose and the differential heating produces flow.
Any experience with these?

Thanks,
I missed you folks (just took me a while to realize it!)

Matt Barre