RE: welders

To: mporter@zianet.com, dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: RE: welders
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:02:34 -0600
To expand on this comment, it appears ITW choose to position the brands
slightly differently so the overlap is minimized.

At the present time, it appears that most Hobart welders are made at the
ITW/Miller plant in Appleton WI. The cases are often different, but the specs
are usually the same. The sales outlets are often very different. Hobart has
been positioned as the brand sold at non-welding shop outlets. For instance,
Grizzly, Northern Tools, Tractor Supply, etc. have all been selling Hobart
lately.

Miller quality has always been excellent in my experience, the ITW Hobart
welders are not like the old Hobarts, but they should be very fine machines.

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX