Re: Cleaning oil off concrete

To: "Noemi Berry Doudna" <noemi@nebcom.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning oil off concrete
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:26:50 -0600
I've done this the same way for years, and haven't been disappointed.  Get a
bag of Oil-Dry or other similar stuff at the autoparts store. (20lb bag,
about $5).  Some say kitty-litter works too, it's the same stuff, but I
haven't had nearly as good results. Anyway, pour a little pile of the
pellets on each oil spot, then use a small block of wood to grind,grind,
grind it down into the surface of the concrete. I then usually let it sit,
maybe sweep it up a day or so later.  The ground particles that got down
into the pores of the concrete will stay a bit longer and eventually wash
away leaving a clean oilless spot.  -Lee