Re: paintball guns

To: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: Re: paintball guns
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:22:35 -0700
On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 05:12:54PM -0400, David Hillman wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Eric Murray wrote:
> > Of course if there's a way to discourage them that involves fire
> > or explosives I'm all ears.
>
>    Don't know if they work, but put "deer repellent" in Google.com for
> other options.  Chemical and electrical.

My wife's tried all the chemical solutions (har) for keeping
deer out of her ornamental plants.  None of them have worked.

The one thing that has worked is fencing, the entire vegetable
garden is fenced off.  which is probably what I'll wind up doing
for the apple trees.  It's a lot of fencing though.
For now I have put barbed wire around the tops of as many cages
as I had wire for.  It makes it look like some sort of wierd
tree-worshiping survivalist lives here.

>    How about mounting deer whistles to your lawn-mower blades and leaving
> it idling in the yard? ;)

Don't deer whistles actually attract deer?

Eric