Re: blowing up gophers

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: blowing up gophers
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:15:10 -0700
On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 02:54:59PM -0600, Bullwinkle wrote:

> Dogs and cats help, but they also decrease the sightings of wild
> animals.  If you have a dog, chain him outside at night next to the
> trees.  Build a kennel for the dog.

Yea, dogs chase away the critters I want to see as well as
those I don't, and I'm not a dog person.
Outdoor house cats around here usually get eaten by coyotes or bobcats.

> Besides the dog and cat, I also trap for the animals.  Big traps for
> coons in the corn patch, and smaller ones for rabbits and squirrels in
> the garden.  Squirrels love my apple trees too.

The bobcats seem to keep the squirrel population down, dunno why they
don't get the chipmunks.

I'm getting a Havahart for the coons and taking them on a long
road trip....

Eric