Parts washer?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts washer?
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:14:18 EDT
Thanks for the discussion on blast cabinets, now how about parts washers?
That's another thing I will want for the new garage.  I had a 3.5 gal. one
from Harbor Freight.  The pump was plastic and one day, while using it, the
metal flex hose broke the plastic fitting on the pump.  Since a new pump
costs as much as the whole washer, I threw it away during my move to the new
digs.  I wanted a bigger one anyway.

Harbor Freight has a 20 gal. washer with heavy duty pump and a fuse-link
cover for $139.99 incl. shipping.
At www.homier.com I found a 20 gal. washer with a fuse-link cover for $69.99.
 It weighs 4 lbs more than the H.F. model, but doesn't list a heavy duty
pump.  (It lists the pump as "UL listed electric magnetic" WOO-HOO!)  I don't
know what the shipping charges will be on 59 lbs.

I'm probably going with the Homier washer, unless the shipping is $70.  Any
opinions?

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget