water heaters / rv & shop

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: water heaters / rv & shop
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 06:07:57 -0600
Ok, the shop floor has been painted and the A/C system is being finished as I
write this.  I'll let everyone know how well a 5-ton A/C unit does with
marginal/no insulation after a summers use in the Dallas area.

The next area we have to tackle is a water heater.  I've recently started
looking at the 3 kw tankless water heaters and am considering using one of
those.  Our only hot water usage at the shop will be for washing hands and
occasional parts rinsing after being cleaned in the parts cleaning tank (water
soluable type).  Anyone have any experience with these tankless heaters?  Do
they perform like they advertise?

On this same vein, we are also thinking of adding a 2.4 kw (20 amp 120vac)
tankless water heater in our motor home.  Any been-there-done-thats to mention?!

Thanks

Brad