Re: Tornado air twister

To: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Tornado air twister
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:53:49 -0800
On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 10:40:14AM -0800, Keith Kaplan wrote:

> I can almost believe the fuel economy claim -- with less air flow,
> there'd be less fuel flow (and power), right?

It depends on the FI system.  On a carbureted engine
if you block off the air intake you get crap mileage
because the mixture goes rich.

> Then again, I could go
> unplug a fuel injector or two (remember the Cadillac 4-6-8?) for no cost

My dad had one of those.  Ew.

> Of course, I don't care about gas prices anymore, thanks to all the
> money I save by not putting oil in my cars since I switched to DuraLube.

And I'm getting 30% more mileage since I installed one of those "fuel
atomizer" magnets on the gas line.  Now all my gas molecules get broken
up so they burn better and they're all aligned correctly as well.  It's a
miracle of modern technology!  Of course if the car manufcturers hadn't
bought the patent of the 100 mpg carburetor and killed Danny Casolaro
to supress the invention we'd all be getting 100mpg, even more if we
used Nology Hotwires, Splitfire plugs, fake-fur steering wheel covers
and those colored neon lights that you put under the car!!

Eric