Re: painted shop floors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: painted shop floors
From: "brad.kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:01:13 -0700
HA!!!  Not on your life!

Brad  (who's quite happy having Susan in his life!)

From: Gene Gillam <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:11:42 -0500

>Brad asked:
>Any been-there-don-thats out there?!
>

>Not yet, but when I do I want to borrow Susan, okay?
>
>Gene

We're getting close to the point of painting our shop floor.  To
date Susan has used paint stripper to remove patches of the old
paint, metal scraper to also remove some of the old paint and
pressure washed the floor along with some degreaser as needed.
Next step is going to be acid wash the floor with a diluted
muratic acid.  Painting with Rustoleum 2-part epoxy paint will
follow soon there after.

What I'm curious about is how well does painted concrete standup
to use, such as with jack-stands, creepers, roll-around tool
boxes, floor jacks etc.  Are there some types of rollers that
cause less damage than others?

It would be a real bummer if the rollers on these tools damaged
the paint.  Any been-there-don-thats out there?!

Thanks

Brad